Friday, August 7, 2009

Hobnobbing with Fellow Wizards

I spent the day at the beautiful home of a gracious host...Mike Sullivan...in Charles County today. Julie King discussed the search fro Charles Lord Baltimore's "summer house" and Zachiah fort with a small group of us. Intriguing finds and even more intriguing possibilities. Charles County is well served by the team of Julie, Mike, and Scott Strickland.

I spoke a little bit about Port Tobacco and our finds, although I didn't have much to say about our recent findings because we are still in the midst of cleaning and cataloguing. Speaking of which, we have now catalogued about 100,000 artifacts from Port Tobacco over the past three years.

Barbara Heath wound up the proceedings with a report on her reanalysis of a Colonial site on Virginia's Northern Neck. I'll ask her for a copy of her report and I'll talk more about it after I've read it.

Lab day tomorrow (Saturday) at Port Tobacco, 9 AM to 3 PM. Join Scott...he enjoys the company.

Jim

No comments: